Krusenberg Herrgård is a friendly conference center
and hotel at the lake Mälaren, a 25 min drive away from Stockholm Arlanda, Sweden's main airport.
The small print
Decisions about workshop participation will be based on suitability for the workshop as well as scope of the Melanoma Patient Network Europe and are final.
Melanoma Patient Network Europe
We thank for their support
MPNE WORKSHOP 24th- 26th November
Last update 11th March 2018 BR
24th- 26th November 2017
arrival 24th in the morning, we start at 2pm
Krusenberg Herrgård, Uppsala, Sweden
Build. Measure. Learn. Repeat
Join us for a workshop to find out what Melanoma advocates can learn from the way Start-up companies think and work. And test it directly on the Melanoma issue closest to your heart!
Andrew Evans, NL
Why this workshop?
Patient advocacy is characterised by urgent need for change and limited resources. 'Lean Start-up Thinking' operates under similar constraints- and with this workshop, we will look into which elements of Lean Start-up Thinking we can adopt for a Lean Advocacy Approach- for the fastest improvements for Melanoma patients.
Who should apply?
This workshop is directed at MPNEhubs, European Melanoma advocates who want to connect between their own country and the European Melanoma community- we are looking for advocates with a keen interest to share, work together and put in the effort before, during and after the workshop to produce concrete results for our network!
This is a workshop for advocates who want to learn about effective advocacy and what we can learn from start-ups to become
The number of participants is limited to 30 advocates to ensure effective exchange. A good enough working knowledge of English is essential to participate in the discussions!
How does it work?
1. Application: Attendance of this workshop is upon application only.
2. Selection: The organising committee will select participants based on their motivation with regards to contributing to activities for the entire MPNE network, experience in collaboration and exchange and their level of English. As always, we are aiming for a balanced European mix!
3. Acceptance: Selected applicants will need to accept their place at the workshop and agree to the participant agreement.
4. Accommodation: registration, accommodation and workshop meals will be arranged by MPNE and are free for selected advocates during the workshop (Friday and Saturday night).
5. Travel: Advocates however need to arrange their own travel- please wait until you have heard from us before booking. We are able to provide a travel allowance up to 400 Euro for economy/ 2nd class travel after the event and against original receipts only.
6. Extras: Please note that extras at the hotel, additional nights as well bank fees are at your own expenses and will not be covered by MPNE.
The workshop will start on Friday at 2pm and end after lunch on Sunday at around 2pm.
Gilliosa Spurrier, Mélanome France and MPNE
Violeta Astratinei, Stichting Melanoom, Melanoma Romania and MPNE
Bettina Ryll, MPNE
Surviving Melanoma in Europe.
Access to prevention, early detection and effective treatment for all.
DEADLINE 14th October
Workshop participation, travel
and full-board accommodation
will be free for participants.
Participation is upon application only.